Monday, August 28, 2006

 

No Burley on the train!

Friday I took a little impromptu Caltrain ride. I went down the fancy-shmancy camera store on Cal Ave in PA and got hassles on the way there and back. Apparently you can't bring a stroller onto the train unless you can break it down and put it in the luggage compartment. I think technically it is possible to fold the Burley down, but I'm pretty sure it requires an engineering degree.

The conductors* said they'd let me slide since it wasn't during commuter hours (they obviously felt that they were being very generous). But to sum up: mommies can't ride to the station and bring their babies on the train and then ride somewhere else.

*To be technical, their badges now say " proof-of-payment enforcement office" or some such ridiculousness, since all they do now is occasionally check for tickets and harass bikers. (Don't get me started on the whole proof-of-payment bidness.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?