Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

great ride!

Last night as I was getting ready to go to the gym, I debated with myself about whether to ride or drive. "It's dark, and the light on my mountain bike is dead," I said to myself. "And it takes forever on the mountain bike." (I pretty much never ride my road bike (a blue Bianchi) anywhere that I would need to lock it up.) Then I remembered how much I love riding at night after rush hour. So I got on the Bianchi with my cable lock in my bag and off I went.

It took me about 15 minutes less to ride the Bianchi there than it does with the mountain bike! Since my u-lock lives at the gym, I had two locks for the Bianchi.

Since the batteries on my headlight died on the way to the gym, I stopped at the 7-11 down the street from the gym to get new ones. After I got back on with the fresh, bright light, I promptly knocked the light off it's mount (I don't think I had put it back on properly) and it crashed to the ground, separating into half a dozen parts all over the El Camino gutter. I managed to find all the pieces and batteries, reassembled it, and it actually worked!!! The people at Cat Eye build those things to last...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?