Monday, May 19, 2008

 

Q&A

Thanks to Astrid for today's Q&A!

Q. I'm looking to buy a hybrid bike and a child seat for my almost 3-year old. Any recommendations of bike brands and places to buy a bike?

The bike shop to go to in Redwood City is Chain Reaction on El Camino between Jefferson and Woodside. The staff is really knowledgeable and helpful and they have a big selection of bikes. I think REI is also a good place to buy a bike. And my favorite all-time bike shop is Menlo Velo on El Camino in Menlo Park, near the new Safeway. I bought a bike there shortly after we moved to Menlo Park from the Midwest nine years ago. I still have the bike and they still remember me and give excellent service for good prices. They have a good selection of commuter-type bikes. They have a good service plan, too.

As for brands of bikes, I haven't been in the market for a new bike in over five years. But if I were going to buy a new bike now, I'd probably look at Bianchis, since I have a Bianchi road bike that I love and a couple of my friends do, too. I also like the Breezer bikes they have at Menlo Velo and some of the "town" and other bikes at Talbots in San Mateo.

Q. Do you know if the downtown has bike parking? I haven't really noticed.

A. There are bike racks scattered around downtown that look kind of like this, but aren't nearly as cool because they don't have the bicycle in the middle :-)

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?