Wednesday, May 28, 2008

 

Some serious hills

...at least for someone towing 70 pounds of kid and trailer! Today I tried to ride from the Sanchos - Emerald Market area up Oak Knoll to Five Corners. I was ok for a little while, then had to get off and push the rig for a bit, then got back on, and turned around after just a few more tenths of a mile. If I had consulted my map (I always keep a copy of the San Mateo County Bike Map, a great resource and usually available at local bike shops like Chain Reaction), I would have realized I had just a fifth of a mile to go before reaching my goal. Next time.

This is a really tough ride, as you can imagine! Give it a try if you are wondering if you can commute by bike in the hills, but make sure your brakes are in excellent working order first! Check out my Bikely map of the of the route.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?