Thursday, June 12, 2008

 

Trailers

I have two trailers: a single Burley and a double Chariot. There are a number of subtle, but important, differences.

Burley
Doesn't fold down (at least not my model)
Pretty light
Attaches to any bike
Front wheel flips down to make it a stroller
No parking or hand brake (at least on
my model)

Chariot
Folds down easily and small enough to go in a small station wagon
Kinda heavy
Requires special equipment installed on bike for attachment
Separate bars and wheel carried in back of trailer for jogger, easier set up for stroller
Parking break under back storage

Of course, these are the highest-end models. I got lucky and found a used Burley for only $100 and then decided to shell out the big bucks for the Chariot since I use it so much. (I would loose my mind if I couldn't ride my bike!) Target and other stores have much lower-priced models, which I don't have any experience with.


I personally haven't tried bike seats, with the kid riding on the back or front of the bike. Frankly, my balance isn't that good, and I'm afraid I'll fall over. But lots of people love them, so if anyone has experience with those and would like to share, we're all ears!

Labels:


Comments:
OK, that formatting attempt didn't work out so well. I'll have to fix it...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?